Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Coffee Cup Gift Card Holder

My very first Cricut adventure.

My friend and fellow paper artist owns three (yes 3) Cricut machines and a Gypsy.  She has a Personal Cutter, Expression and a Imagine and doesn't have time to learn how to fully operate and use them, so she asked if I would help out, well yeah! I was thrilled and excited to get to try out all of the machines.  She dropped everything off at my home and I loaded everything up into my car for a trip to the local scrapping store for a Cricut 101 lesson.  Three hours later,  my head was spinning, I brought everything home, and didn't even unload the car.  Whew, to much information to cram into my head when I have some deadlines to meet.   That was a week ago, and today I fired up the least intimidating of the machines and the one that seemed most popular with the class, the Expression and this is what I made:


Coffee Cup Gift Card Holders

So what did I think about the Expression, seems that I still have a lot to learn, like how to save paper, for the novice user I wasted a lot of paper even with moving the blade around.  I found that it was more efficient to use the original cut out as a pattern and hand cut the shape of the cup base and the lids, the rest were cut using the Cricut.  I embossed the top layer and ran the holder through the crimper.  Foam tape was strategically placed between the base layers to hold a gift card.



1 comment:

  1. i think it can be used for any gift giving occasion..thanks for sharing it as i might need it in the design of Gift Card envelopes..thanks you share it with us.

    ReplyDelete