Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2015

MISTI Tom & Tilly and Tiny Stars Anniversary Card

Penny Black - Tom & Tilly Anniversary Card


I made this card for my sister and brother-in-law.   They will be celebrating an anniversary later this week and thought this image by Penny Black was perfect.

I started with a base of Stampin' Up garden green card stock and made an easel card.  Using a piece of Neenah solar white I stamped Tom & Tilly in Momento black, then stamped again onto a piece of copy paper and cut it out as a mask.  I also cut out a 2 3/4" circle mask for a moon.

Using the Hero Arts "Tiny Stars" stamp I stamped the stars over the masked card stock with Momento Lux Dandelion ink, let it dry and re-stamped with Versamark and embossed with SU clear embossing powder.  I used my MISTI to stamp the stars for perfect stamping.  

While the masks were still applied I sponged the background with SU Night of Navy ink then used a tissue dabbed onto a wet wipe to clean off the embossed stars.

I removed the masks and using my Copics colored in Tom & Tilly and added some gray shapes to the moon to make a moonscape and added some white Pentel gel pen marks for stars across the moon.


The Easel part of the card is held up with a computer generated sentiment.  Perfect for the wonderful couple on their anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment