Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2016

New Pet

L U C Y


There is a sad story behind this card, but also a happy one.
My sister moved to a new home and the second night after moving in someone jumped her back fence and stole her beloved Brussels Griffon dog.  Shortly thereafter she became ill and has been in and out of the City of Hope Hospital.  Her children searched everywhere for her little dog.  In the end they felt that the dog was taken and sold out of town.  Needless to say my sister was more than heartbroken.  I believe that it severely impacted her ability to get well, as grieving for a loved one, even a pet, can take a tremendous toll on your health.  During recovery, my niece took my sister to the local animal shelter and there they discovered a bright, little loving doggie looking for a forever home, into her life came lucky little LUCY.  Lucy is part West Highland Terrier and ? and sweet as can be.  My sister is still recovering, but she is so happy tending to her new little love.  This card is to welcome Lucy into her life.   The inside of the card reads "Nothing warms the heart and soothes the soul like a cold nose and wet kisses."

Details:  
Cricut Cartridge - Four Legged Friends, cut at 3" height
Impression Obsession Die DIE126-U
Prima Stamp (love ticket)
Stampin' Up Strawberry Slush (retired), Naturals White, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Smoky Slate, and Basic Black card stock
Fun Stampers Journey Pink World Sequins
White Gelly Roll pen

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Betty! What a sweet card for your sister and Lucy! I'm sorry she lost her first little love and I hope she's feeling better soon too.

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete