Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2016

Mixed Media Background With Cling Wrap



Lydia (Understand Blue) is hosting the MIX-ability challenge MIX202 over at splitcoaststampers.com, so I thought I would give it a shot and get a little dirty, actually it wasn't too bad. Loved scrunching up the plastic wrap over my wet paints, was very hard to wait for it to dry because ideas for the embellishments kept leaping into my head. I used some sparkly snowflakes so as not to cover over the design. I settled on a sentiment from Nov. 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit, Mistletoe & Holly.

I used dabs of Red, Green and Yellow acrylic paints, Aztec Gold, Blue Russet and Spring Green PearlEx powders on a piece of plastic wrap, spritzed with water, placed shimmery card stock into the "mess" flipped it over and scrunched the clear plastic wrap, set aside to dry.  Pulled off the plastic wrap and added the snowflake dies.  I inked up the snowflakes with Wink of Stella.

This is also for the splitcoaststampers.com CC613 Color Challenge, Yellow, Red and Green.

Here is link to Lydia's instructional video for this technique:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YjQ5fqTXnGY

Take a look and play along.

No comments:

Post a Comment