Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2017

Faux Cloisonne


This is for TLC619 - Everything Old is New Again. Judy (stampingqueenjar) challenged us to select a technique from 2016 and use it again. I selected TLC589 Faux Cloisonne. 

I painted a piece of Tyvek with Gesso, when it dried, I coated it with Viva Inka Gold in Lime Green Metallic and Champagne. Then I stamped the painted Tyvek with the Hero Arts Leafy Vines stamp in Versamark and heat set gold embossing powder. 

When heating the Tyvek it shrinks and curls, I smoothed it out by running it through the big shot between two pieces of copy paper then glued it to a piece of black that I had outlined in Versamark and gold embossing powder, once again I ran this through the big shot to get it to adhere.

I don't subscribe to magazines, but did have a local Food and Wine magazine that comes once a year in our local paper, I selected some beautiful photos of heirloom tomatoes for my rose and leaves.
Love die cut is from SU Sunshine Wishes

splitcoaststampers Favorite of the Week

No comments:

Post a Comment