Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Sea My Horse


One of my favorite watercolor techniques is to wet the paper add lots of color then sprinkle it with course salt, I love the effect that it creates making a perfect background for this little hippocampus.

I cut out a stencil on the Cricut for the seahorse and used three Tim Holtz stencils for the other textured elements. 

Sorry about my photography, I hope you can see the teeny tiny diamonds and pearls that give this image a lovely sparkle. I should have taken the photo before I put it in the frame. I don't think that this will hang around long once my granddaughter sees it.

Paper: Watercolor
Paper Size: A7
Accessories: Texture Paste, Stencils, Tiny Pearls & Diamonds, Glitter Enamel Dot, Course Salt

Techniques: Watercolor Background

No comments:

Post a Comment