Search This Blog

Friday, January 19, 2018

Outrigger Birthday


I needed a special card for a special friend who is an awesome athlete, celebrating a birthday.  She just returned from a trip to the Cook Islands when she had been outrigging and I thought a card depicting an outrigger would be appropriate.  Now I don't know anything at all about boats, so I had to look up photographs of outriggers.  I sketched a scene onto watercolor paper and painted it with my Sakura Koi Water Colors and gave it some definition with some Stampin' Up watercolor markers, and a kind of dotted sand stamp from the Stampin' Up Waterfront set.  I stamped a birthday greeting from the Stampin' Up Balloon Adventures stamp set, matted it with basic black card stock and mounted it onto the front of a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" heavy card stock base.

No comments:

Post a Comment