Search This Blog

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Trinket Box Makeover

Wyanet Book Box Conversion



This is an "Altered Art" Project.  I scored a half dozen of these cute little magnetic closure book boxes at an after Christmas sale for around a $1 each.  Although they are lovely just the way they are, I couldn't resist making one into an extra special trinket box to hold some small items.

The cover design is Wyanet by Sylvia Zet for Wee Stamps-Whimsy Stamps was stamped on Neenah Solar White and colored with Copic markers and highlighted with Stickles and Glossy Accents.  The ovals are Stampin' Up Crumbcake and Bermuda Bay cut out with Spellbinder's Nestabilities dies and sewn together on my sewing machine.  The beads were strung on strong buttonhole thread then the feathers were glued into the bead holes.  The little conch or dreamcatcher metal piece is from Close To My Heart.  The flowers were made using various punches and the leaves are cut from Sizzix die cut Branch w/Leaves.  The sentiments are computer generated.


I removed the inside cover piece and used it as a template for the inside cover which goes over the box to hold it together.  I also removed the box from the cover so that I could lay the piece flat to adhere the cover.  I cut the cover piece from some of my favorite old Cosmo Cricket "Wanted - Kissin Kate" designer paper and glued it to the book front-spine-back with Bookbinding Adhesive.

Once the cover was pasted on, the magnetic closure was not strong enough to hold the box closed so I added ribbon before adhering the inside cover piece and box to the back cover.




This is a before and after picture of the book box.

No comments:

Post a Comment