Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Under The Sea Watercolored Seahorse Cards


110# White card stock was used as the base for this card.  I used a stencil around the edges and smoothed on Ranger Texture Paste.  Watercolor paper was painted with Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana and Tempting Turquoise inks and while still wet it sprinkled it with sea salt, let it dry and brushed the salt off.  Then using a seahorse stencil cut from the Cricut I smoothed over more Texture Paste.  A light coat of Wink of Stella was applied to the seahorse and bubbles.


For the second card I used a base of Coastal Cabana then a sheet of Naturals.  This time I painted the background on watercolor paper then applied a tissue paper seahorse to the center, while the seahorse was drying, I added Texture Paste all around the edges.  In the end I did not like the look of the seahorse, so I applied some water and Calypso Coral ink.  White twine and colored beads were added to the bottom.

1 comment: