Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2014

Turtle Get Well

I made this card for my younger sister who recently underwent major back surgery and will have a long recovery with plenty of physical therapy.  At the hospital they fitted her with a "clamshell" brace, but it looked more like a turtle shell to me.  She said it felt good, like it was holding her together, but it was painful and difficult for her to get up and onto her feet, she reminded me of a little turtle on it's back struggling to get upright again.  I found this image and sentiment on Bird's Cards here:

http://www.birdscards.com/back-on-your-feet/

I enlarged the turtle, colored with copics and cut him out.  I punched out Fisckers grass in Mossy Meadow and Wild Wasabi.  The background paper is retired Stampin' Up.




No comments:

Post a Comment